Oct. 2, 2015
- Colombia Anzá de Antioquia – Guintar – Fresh fruit flavors: mango, A very aromatic fruit used for juice, or to eat directly. In coffee it can be found in the aroma and flavor of Gesha coffee, and some Colombias:... ...more, wine grapes, ripe fig. Bold, moderate citric-like Acidity is a positive flavor attribute in coffee, also referred to as brightness or liveliness. It adds a brilliance to the cup, whereas low acid coffees can seem... ...more, and brisk tea notes.
- Colombia Timaná España y Figueroa – Grape, An acid that adds to favorable perceptions of cup quality; malic acid often adds apple-like acidity, and perhaps other taste aspects recalling apples. Malic acid is yet another... ...more, Panela is the minimally processed sugar with floral and vanilla accents: Found in Colombia (and noted to be best in Pitalito and Pedregal), Panela is tan-colored cakes of... ...more and In coffee, honey-like sweetness is often found, but we use terms such as refined honey (highly filtered and processed) as opposed to raw honey rustic honey sweetness. This... ...more. Florals, spice accents emerge and the Sweetness is an important positive quality in fine coffees, and is one of five basic tastes: Sour, Sweet, Salty, Bitter, Savory (Umami). In coffee, sweetness is a highly... ...more hangs on. Good for A small coffee beverage, about 20 ml, prepared on an espresso machine where pressurized hot water extracted through compressed coffee.: In its most stripped-down, basic form, this is... ...more.
- Java Sunda – Guning Pairigi – Sorghum, molasses, roasted almond and sweet tarragon. Clarity, cleanliness, flavors like Apple-like flavors in coffee can take on many different forms. The more common ones we use relate to malic acid brightness, which can recall different apple types: green... ...more and cinnamon make this unique. Good for espresso.
- Rwanda Karenge Coffee Villages – Sweet and bright, refined clean Similar to aftertaste, but it refers to the impression as the coffee leaves the palate. Aftertaste is the sensations gathered after the coffee has left the mouth. We... ...more. Dark honey, dried fruits, and array of baking spices. Bittersweet is from the language of chocolate, and describes the co-presence of positive bittering compounds balanced by sweetness. It is directly related to caramelization, but has inputs from... ...more cocoa in darker roasts. Great for espresso.
- Rwanda Rulindo – Tumba Station – Candy sweet, pineapple, mango, grape, Orange aromatics and flavors are prized in coffee, whether they take the form of sweet orange flesh and pulp, or orange peel. Orange flavors or aromatics can range... ...more, Either a flavor in the coffee, or referring to the fruit of the coffee tree, which somewhat resembles a red cherry.: Either a flavor in the coffee, or... ...more jolly rancher! A long, sweet finish, mix of spices and freesia-like Floral notes in coffee exemplify the connection between taste and smell. Describing the taste of a specific flower is near impossible...we always default to “it tastes like it... ...more note. A beautiful cup.
Also, check out our Sample Sets – bundles of coffee from your favorite origins.
- Ethiopia 8-Pack
- Guatemala 8-Pack
- Kenya 4-Pack
- Multi-Origin Sample Sets – 4 or 8Lb packs of coffee from all over the world
Click Here to view our entire coffee list.